Graduate & Vacation Clerks
We can offer you “top-tier” work and clients coupled with “mid-tier” individual attention.
Some of the benefits of joining the firm include:
- All professional staff are appointed a dedicated mentor to provide career guidance. This structured mentoring program enables our lawyers to have direct access to clients and day-to-day conduct of files faster than they would without a mentor.
- The firm encourages continued learning through our in-house CLE program and attendance at external seminars and events.
- Our published career progression policy provides guidance on what the firm will do to help you reach your goals.
- All full-time staff enjoy every second Friday afternoon off while still receiving full pay - this is referred to as our 9 ½ day fortnight policy.
At Barry.Nilsson. we recognise that our team is the cornerstone of our success. Be a part of the Barry.Nilsson. team and join in the success.
Our graduates are our future. With that in mind we take our graduate program seriously.
Barry.Nilsson. graduates complete a two-year program during which they undergo four six-month rotations. In the first year they undertake a PLT course on a part-time, external basis. Our graduates are admitted as solicitors at the end of the first year. However, the graduate program continues into the second year with more rotations in order to gain exposure to a range of practice groups. We ensure that our graduates receive the best possible training so they have a balanced and well-grounded foundation for their legal career.
If Barry.Nilsson. sounds like the firm you want to start your legal career with, please apply for our graduate program. In some graduate intakes we will fill the positions directly from our vacation clerk program.
Brisbane Graduate positions for 2017 have been filled via our vacation clerk program. Positions for 2018 close on Monday, 14 August 2017.
Our vacation clerkships are held in our Brisbane and Melbourne offices over the summer and winter university breaks. The program runs for three weeks and clerks spend one week in each of our practice areas. Vacation clerks are given a unique opportunity to experience our firm, our practice areas and most importantly, our culture.
In a number of instances after working as a vacation clerk with the firm, you may be offered an ongoing role as a law clerk or a graduate.
Caitlin Elliott, who was one of our 2012/2013 summer vacation clerks accepted a position as one of four graduates at Barry.Nilsson. in 2014. We interviewed Caitlin at the completion of her vacation clerk experience. Find out what she had to say.
If you're interested in being considered for a vacation clerkship with the firm, please forward us your application. Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year of study.
Applications for graduate and vacation clerkship positions should contain:
- a covering letter
- your resume
- a copy of your academic transcript
- any further material you feel may be relevant
Brisbane Vacation Clerk positions close on Monday, 20 March 2017.