Madelaine is an associate in our Insurance & Health team and is based in the Sydney office.
Since Madelaine’s admission in April 2017 she’s practiced solely in insurance litigation. Madelaine specialises in a range of areas, including:
- professional indemnity
- defamation & IP
- marine insurance
- directors' & officers' liability
- public liability
- commercial claims
- insurance contract advice
- medical negligence
Madelaine’s clients include domestic and global insurers and reinsurers and has represented a range of insureds from a variety of industries in various state and federal courts. Madelaine also advises a number of specialty insurers with a focus on marine law. She also has extensively assisted insureds and insurers to engage successfully with alternative dispute resolution forums.
Some of Madelaine’s recent relevant experience includes:
- day-to-day carriage of the defence of a number of marine proceedings including negligence claims against skippers, damage to marinas and assets, and personal injury matters involving pleasure craft. Madelaine also has experience in conducting recovery proceedings in relation to damage to marina assets.
- assisting in advising insurers in relation to over 60 separate sets of proceedings commenced against the providers of medical and psychological treatment to immigration detainees, each proceeding involving claims in excess of $1.5 million.
- assisting with, and having carriage of, multiple professional negligence claims against various types of professionals and obtaining successful results through alternative resolution and litigation.
- assisting with liability and ongoing prospects advice in relation to a class action alleging the negligent operation of flood control Dams in Queensland.