Lana is a Special Counsel in Barry.Nilsson.’s Family Law team based in our Melbourne office, having practised exclusively in family and relationship law since 2005.
While Lana’s expertise extends to all facets of family and relationship law, she has a particular interest and expertise in supporting her clients with:
- Complex and high net worth property division matters involving businesses, corporate and trust structures, third party interests and farming enterprises
- Complex parenting matters including parental responsibility, living arrangements, interstate and international relocation and international abduction;
- Financial support including spousal maintenance, child support (including child support agreements) and adult child maintenance;
- Matters involving family violence (including Family Violence Intervention Orders and Personal Safety Intervention Orders) and criminal matters;
- Financial Agreements (pre, during and post de-facto relationship and marriage) including such agreements in the context of same-sex relationships and marriages.
Lana is recognised in the 2021 and 2022 edition of Best Lawyers for Family Law.
“I enjoy working in the Family Law jurisdiction as it enables me to combine my love of the law with people. Whilst I work with clients from “all walks of life”, a large proportion of my practice comprises high net worth individuals with businesses and complex corporate and trust structures. Having initially come from a commercial litigation background, I enjoy practising in an area of law which encompasses “the commercial with the personal.”
“I enjoy working at Barry.Nilsson. for many reasons but principally because of the people and the firm’s friendly culture and professionalism. I consider myself to be very fortunate to work alongside some of the most well respected and technically accomplished practitioners in the family law jurisdiction.”
Lana’s clients benefit from her comprehensive knowledge of the law, pragmatic advice and direct approach, and her empathetic and understanding disposition. Lana is highly experienced in conducting litigation in the family law jurisdiction as well as the State courts, having appeared in a number of matters.
Lana’s ultimate objective is to assist her clients in achieving an overall resolution to a matter in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible, whilst meeting the client’s overall personal and commercial objectives.
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)