Lana is a Special Counsel in Barry.Nilsson.’s Family Law team based in our Melbourne office, having practised exclusively in family and relationship law since 2005.
While Lana’s expertise extends to all facets of family and relationship law, she has a particular interest in supporting her clients with:
- Complex and high net worth property division matters involving businesses, corporate and trust structures, third party interests and farming enterprises
- Complex parenting matters including parental responsibility and living arrangements, interstate and international relocation and international abduction
- Financial Agreements (pre, during and post de-facto relationship and marriage) including same-sex relationships and marriages
- Financial support including spousal maintenance, child support and adult child maintenance
“I enjoy working in the Family Law jurisdiction as it enables me to combine my love of the law with people. While I work with clients from “all walks of life”, a large proportion of my practice comprises high net worth individuals with businesses and complex corporate and trust structures. Having come from a commercial litigation background initially, I enjoy practising in an area of law which encompasses the commercial with the personal.”
“I enjoy working at Barry.Nilsson. for many reasons but principally because of the people and the firm’s friendly culture and professionalism. I consider myself to be very fortunate to work alongside some of the most well respected and technically accomplished practitioners in the family law jurisdiction.”
Lana’s clients benefit from her comprehensive knowledge of the law, pragmatic advice and direct approach, and her empathetic and understanding disposition. Lana is also experienced in conducting litigation and her ultimate objective is to assist her clients in achieving an overall resolution in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible, while meeting their overall personal and commercial objectives.
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of Law Council of Australia (Family Law Section)