Julie Dang is an Associate in our Insurance & Health team and is based in our Sydney office.
Julie is an insurance and litigation specialist. She specialises in financial lines, management liability, D&O, professional indemnity and recoveries matters. She provides expert, realistic and strategic legal advice to local and global insurers, underwriters, their agents, brokers and insureds.
Some of Julie’s recent experience includes:
- advising and assisting with the defence of separate sets of proceedings commenced against the providers of medical and psychological treatment to immigration detainees.
- assisting with the defence of an internet platform operator in relation to an ACCC prosecution in the Federal Court for misleading or deceptive conduct.
- assisting with the defence of an Australian real estate agent and its directors in relation to Supreme Court proceedings for misleading or deceptive representations.
- assisting with and having carriage of various professional negligence and management liability claims against various professionals and businesses, such as IT professionals, financial services firms and educational institutions.
- advising insurers and underwriters regarding complex indemnity disputes including:
- innocent and fraudulent non-disclosure;
- application of the Insurance Contracts Act; and
- application of insolvency exclusions in Management Liability policies.
Previously Julie worked as a claims officer at a leading underwriting agency in Australia. She managed Financial Lines (professional indemnity, management liability, D&O), and Cyber Liability claims including crime/fidelity, employment practices liability, statutory liability, tax audit and cyber liability claims.
"I enjoy helping clients achieve practical and strategic legal solutions that align with their business needs."
Julie holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. She is a member of the Law Society of NSW and Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs).