Julie Dang is a solicitor in our Insurance & Health team and is based in our Sydney office.
Julie is an insurance and litigation specialist. She specialises in financial lines, management liability, D&O, professional indemnity and cyber liability. She provides expert, realistic and strategic legal advice to insurers, local and global underwriters, their agents, brokers and insureds.
Some of Julie’s recent experience includes:
- advising on separate sets of proceedings commenced against the providers of medical and psychological treatment to immigration detainees(on-going).
- assisting with the defence of an internet platform operator in relation to an ACCC prosecution in the Federal Court for misleading or deceptive conduct (on-going).
- assisting with the defence of a bullying application commenced in the Fair Work Commission (on-going).
- assisting with the defence of an Australian real estate agent and its directors in relation to Supreme Court proceedings for misleading or deceptive representations.
- assisting with and having carriage of various professional negligence and management liability claims against various professionals and businesses.
Previously Julie worked as a claims officer at a leading underwriting agency in Australia. She managed Financial Lines (professional indemnity, management liability, D&O), Cyber, Accident and Health and Liability claims including:
- employment practices liability
- statutory liability
This experience has given her a first hand insight into the needs of our clients.
Julie holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. She is a member of the Law Society of NSW and Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs).