Julie Dang is a solicitor in our Insurance & Health team and is based in our Sydney office.
Julie is an insurance and litigation specialist. She specialises in financial lines, management liability, D&O, professional indemnity and cyber liability. She provides expert, realistic and strategic legal advice to insurers, local and global underwriters, their agents, brokers and insureds.
Some of Julie’s recent experience includes:
- advising on separate sets of proceedings commenced against the providers of medical and psychological treatment to immigration detainees(on-going).
- assisting with the defence of an internet platform operator in relation to an ACCC prosecution in the Federal Court for misleading or deceptive conduct (on-going).
- assisting with the defence of a bullying application commenced in the Fair Work Commission (on-going).
- assisting with the defence of an Australian real estate agent and its directors in relation to Supreme Court proceedings for misleading or deceptive representations.
- assisting with and having carriage of various professional negligence and management liability claims against various professionals and businesses.
Previously Julie worked as a claims officer at a leading underwriting agency in Australia. She managed Financial Lines (professional indemnity, management liability, D&O), Cyber, Accident and Health and Liability claims including:
- employment practices liability
- statutory liability
This experience has given her a first hand insight into the needs of our clients.
Julie holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce and a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. She is a member of the Law Society of NSW and Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs).
The saying goes, “if you don’t have something nice to say…”
04 Jun 2019
Too sick to see a doctor?
22 Mar 2019
Employer’s texts “back to the dole que for you” and “please don’t come in tmz” did not constitute dismissal
12 Dec 2018
Where does the duty of care of a driver owed to a passenger begin and end?
14 Aug 2018