Jordan Farr is a special counsel in our Insurance & Health team, having joined the Brisbane office in 2014.
‘Barry.Nilsson. has a great culture. All of our lawyers are very focused, pragmatic and have a clear direction when it comes to managing claims.’
Jordan has practised in insurance law for over 15 years. His core areas of expertise are:
- Professional indemnity
- Directors & officers (D&O) and financial lines
- Product liability
- Commercial litigation
In particular, Jordan specialises in:
- Advising insurers, brokers and insureds on the interpretation of professional indemnity, D&O and management liability policies
- Defending complex claims brought against directors, officers, companies and a broad range of professionals, including:
- Financial services and credit licensees and their authorised representatives
- Insurance brokers
- Mortgage brokers and originators
- IT professionals
- Engineers, architects, certifiers, valuers and other construction and property professionals.
Jordan has a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (Media Studies). He is President of the Queensland Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG) and a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA).
Jordan was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2016 to 2022 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia in Insurance Law.
Court rules on apportionment and interest in Brisbane floods class action
26 Jun 2020
Court finds dam operators liable for causing the Brisbane floods
10 Feb 2020
Application of time bar to equitable proceedings survives appeal
11 Jul 2018
Solicitor not liable to financier client despite breach of duty
24 Jan 2017