Jordan Farr is a senior associate in our Insurance & Health team, having joined the Brisbane office in 2014.
‘Barry.Nilsson. has a great culture. All of our lawyers are very focused, pragmatic and have a clear direction when it comes to managing claims.’
Jordan has practised in insurance law for over 15 years. His core areas of expertise are:
- Professional indemnity
- Directors’ & officers’ (D&O) and financial lines
- Product liability
- Commercial litigation
In particular, Jordan specialises in:
- advising insurers, brokers and insureds on the interpretation of professional indemnity, D&O and management liability policies
- defending complex claims brought against directors, officers, companies and a broad range of professionals, including:
- financial services and credit licensees and their authorised representatives
- insurance brokers
- mortgage brokers and originators
- IT professionals
- engineers, architects, certifiers, valuers and other construction and property professionals
Jordan has a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (Media Studies). He is President of the Queensland Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG) and a member of the Australian Insurance Law Association (ALIA).
Jordan was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2016 and 2017 editions of Best Lawyers in Australia in Insurance Law.