Based in the Brisbane office, Angie Todd is a special counsel in our Family Law team. As an Australian and Hong Kong family lawyer he is an international family law expert having over 15 years experience practicing family law across Australia and Hong Kong SAR.
‘I started my family law career in Sydney, and was exposed early to the legal complexities of international divorce and global property settlements. Wanting to gain further experience, in 2008, I moved to Hong Kong. Over eight years, I worked for two leading family and divorce law firms in Hong Kong where I successfully represented high net worth clients, senior business and legal executives and senior airline captains. Whilst there, I acted for Chinese families, in Australian expat divorce cases and other international divorce matters. I was appointed as the Vice Chair of the Hong Kong Family Law Association in 2014 - 2015, and have co-presented papers on international child relocation. I look forward to achieving the best possible outcomes for my clients at Barry.Nilsson.’
Angie specialises in solving global family law issues and particularly in the following areas:
- Divorce (including Hong Kong expat divorce, Chinese-Australian divorce and international divorce)
- Property settlements, spouse maintenance and child maintenance
- Registration, enforcement and/or variation of foreign court orders (including spouse maintenance orders and international child support orders)
- Parenting matters (including international relocation of children and international parenting orders particularly for airline crew)
- Child abduction matters pursuant to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- Pre-nuptial/cohabitation financial agreements (binding financial agreements)
‘I believe that each family law case is unique. To succeed in family law, you need to have an understanding of what matters most to your client. Our job is to be considered and thorough throughout negotiation, mediation, collaboration or litigation.’
Angie is admitted to practice in both Australia and Hong Kong SAR. As an Australian and Hong Kong divorce lawyer Angie has worked in a wide ranging number of international divorce cases including acting in American expat divorces, Singapore expat divorces, and cross-border UK and European divorces and has a first hand appreciation of the issues in international divorce. She is a trained collaborative practitioner and a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, the Hong Kong Collaborative Practice Group and the Queensland Association of Collaborative Practitioners.
Angie has published several articles in the South China Morning Post, The Australian and in 2012, co-delivered a paper ‘The new age of international relocation’ at the 6th World Congress on Family Law and Children’s Rights in Sydney.
‘Barry.Nilsson. is a Doyle’s Guide top tier family law firm. With national offices and international family law expertise, we are able resolve disputes across Australia and the world.’
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business (Finance)
- Graduate Diploma of Laws
- Overseas Lawyers Qualification Examination, Hong Kong
- Member, International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL)
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association (FLPA)
- Member, Queensland Collaborative Law
- Member, Queensland Law Society
- Vice Chair, Hong Kong Family Law Association (2014–2015)
- Member, Hong Kong Family Law Association (HKFLA)
- Member, Hong Kong Collaborative Practice Group (HKCPG)
- Member, International Academy of Collaborative Practitioners (IACP)
- Member, Hong Kong-Australia Business Association (HKABA)
- Member, Australia China Business Council (ACBC)