Doyle’s Guide Ratings Surge Delivers Vote of Confidence
5 December 2016
- Independent client and peer-researched Doyle’s Guide rates Barry.Nilsson. as First Tier Queensland firm in professional indemnity and public liability
- 27 new individual solicitors listings achieved
- Partners Rhett Kennedy and Peter Murdoch ranked as Preeminent in their fields in further demonstration of firm’s commitment to client excellence
- Lawyers across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia recognised across range of categories, including CTP and medical negligence
Barry.Nilsson.’s expanding national insurance practice has been given another vote of confidence by clients and peers, with the independent Doyle’s Guide ranking it as First Tier in Queensland for professional indemnity and public liability, among a host of individual awards.
Among those recognised for their commitment to client excellence were Partners Rhett Kennedy and Peter Murdoch, with Mr Kennedy rated as Preeminent in professional indemnity and public liability and Mr Murdoch considered Preeminent in public liability.
* Also in Queensland, Partners Richard Leahy, Melanie Quixley and Robert Samut were all listed as Recommended lawyers in professional indemnity; Ms Quixley and Partner Fiona Sennett gained the same ranking for public liability; and Partner Mark Wiemers was listed as a Recommended workers’ compensation lawyer.
* In New South Wales, Partners Henry Silvester and Peter Harvey were listed as Leading lawyers for their work in CTP, while Partners Nicholas Andrew, Simon Black and Wendy Blacker gained Recommended ratings for professional indemnity;
* In Victoria, Partner Peter Ewin has been ranked as a Leading lawyer for public liability and a received a Recommended rating for medical negligence (defendant); Partner Nieva Connell received a Recommended rating for public liability, and medical negligence (defendant); and Partner Hubert Wajszel received a Recommended award for professional indemnity and public liability;
* In South Australia, Partner Andrew Hilditch was ranked as a Leading lawyer for public liability and Recommended for professional indemnity; Partner Bronwyn Ackland earned a Recommended award for public liability; and Partner Michael Fotheringham received a Recommended rating for professional indemnity.
Congratulating the award recipients, Barry.Nilsson. Managing Partner Don Leembruggen said the nominations demonstrated the firm’s commitment to delivering client excellence and the quality of its leading lawyers.
“Client and peer-recommended ratings are the most honest reflections on the quality of our work, and it is very pleasing to have again received such numerous awards across our national insurance practice,” Mr Leembruggen said.
“Having expanded our presence nationally across the past year, it is also a great endorsement of the success of our recruitment in that lawyers across our national practice have received such recognition.
“This suggests that our values of dedication, excellence, loyalty and trustworthiness are being maintained even while we significantly expand our team nationwide.”
Considered the leading independent reviewer of the quality of legal services in Australia, Doyle’s Guide compiles its research through peer-based surveys as well as extensive telephone and face-to-face interviews with clients, peers and relevant industry bodies. Individual lawyers are ranked on the basis of four categories in order of excellence, comprising market leader, pre-eminent, leading and recommended.
Established in 1963, Barry.Nilsson. is a national law firm with a reputation for leadership in the areas of Insurance & Health, Family Law & Estate Planning, and Property & Commercial. The firm has offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart.
In 2016, Barry.Nilsson. was named Professional Services Firm of the Year at the ANZIIF 2016 Australian Insurance Industry Awards after finalist nominations in the previous four years, while also being nominated as a finalist in the 2016 Australasian Law Awards for both the Australian Law Firm of the Year and Insurance Specialist Firm of the Year categories. Barry.Nilsson. has been ranked as a leading insurance practice in Doyle’s Guide, and has seen eight insurance solicitors listed in Australia’s Best Lawyers.
For more information on Doyle’s Guide, please visit http://doylesguide.com/
07 3231 6180