Barry.Nilsson promotes 23 ‘next generation’ leaders
Barry.Nilsson. has elevated 19 of its top lawyers and appointed four new principals taking the national principal headcount to 31 as of 1 July.
In its latest round of promotions, Barry.Nilsson. has promoted eight to associate, four to senior associate, seven to special counsel and four to principal.
Elevated to principal lawyers are Colby Treasure, Katie Swain, Samantha Pillay and Will Stidston.
Treasure, who joined the WA office in October 2018, specialises in workers’ compensation as well as public liability, employer’s liability and CTP.
Swain, a part of the firm’s insurance and health team in Melbourne, has extensive experience in property damage claims and specific knowledge of subrogated recoveries.
Pillay is a long-standing Barry.Nilsson. team member who specialises in the health area, particularly medical malpractice and professional indemnity.
Stidston is known for his technical expertise in complex financial family law matters. He will now lead the Melbourne family law practice alongside Jane Koelmeyer.
Barry.Nilsson. managing director Don Leembruggen said the recent round of promotions illustrated the firm’s commitment to investing in its next generation of leaders with promotions across all practice groups – Insurance & Health, Family, Wills & Estates, Real Estate & Commercial.
“These promotions reflect Barry.Nilsson.’s commitment to nurturing our young talent and growing a strong and capable senior stable of lawyers,” he said.
“These promotions also illustrate the substantial investment we are making across our practice groups to ensure we have excellent lawyers with outstanding technical skills for the benefit of our clients.”
The firm’s other newly promoted lawyers are:
- Nick Bell – Insurance & Health, NSW
- Nathan Buck – Insurance & Health, NSW
- Thomas Byrne – Insurance & Health, NSW
- Jason Hart – Insurance & Health, WA
- Lisa Hulcombe – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Meredith Jacobs – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Emily Schneider – Insurance & Health, VIC
- Ashlee Bonanno – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Kingsley Grimshaw – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Mitchell Hauser – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Venessa Werynski – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Emma Blay – Wills & Estates, QLD
- Michael Donnelly – Real Estate & Commercial, QLD
- Caitlin Elliott – Family Law, VIC
- Lucy Kelsey – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Chantal Kirkwood – Real Estate & Commercial, QLD
- Olivia Pine – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Brett Sherwin – Insurance & Health, QLD
- Yen Tran – Insurance & Health, QLD