Barry.Nilsson. announces 13 promotions
As of July 1, national law firm Barry.Nilsson. will elevate 13 practitioners to senior positions, including four special counsel, two senior associates and seven associates.
Barry.Nilsson. managing director Don Leembruggen said while COVID-19 had been a challenging time with many competitors deferring their mid-year promotions, Barry.Nilsson was fortunate to have navigated the pandemic.
“Throughout COVID-19 we were committed to delivering the highest quality service to our clients without disruption,” said Mr Leembruggen.
“There is no doubt that technology played a large part in making sure we remained fully operational and capable of supporting all matters with remote working arrangements actively in place, not to mention the agility of our people who adapted to the change very quickly.”
Established in 1963, Barry.Nilsson. is a multi-award-winning national firm with a reputation for leadership in the areas of Insurance & Health and Family Law & Estate Planning.
It was named Professional Services Firm of the Year in the 2016, 2017 and 2019 ANZIIF Australian Insurance Industry Awards and has received a raft of technical and individual accolades in the prestigious Doyle’s Guide and Best Lawyers including Top Listed Insurance Law Firm, First Tier Family & Divorce Law Firm and Insurance Lawyer of the Year.
The firm now has 200 lawyers and legal staff including 29 principals in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart.
“We are thrilled to be able to announce this latest round of promotions in what has been one of the most challenging years, not only in our practice, but for the legal profession generally,” said Mr Leembruggen.
“I have every confidence these 13 practitioners have the drive and the expertise to take our firm through its next phase of growth.”
The firm’s latest promotions, effective from 1 July 2020, include:
- Jacob Luca (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Julia Byrnes (Insurance & Health, Sydney)
- Lauren Rickersey (Insurance & Health, Sydney)
- Scott Shelly (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Chris Evans (Insurance & Health, Adelaide)
- Reena Dandan (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Adi Kedar (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Annaliese Williams (Insurance & Health, Sydney)
- Bryan Do (Family, Sydney)
- Cameron O’Reilly (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Emmeline Granger (Insurance & Health, Melbourne)
- Isobel Yule (Insurance & Health, Brisbane)
- Julie Dang (Insurance & Health, Sydney)