Barry.Nilsson.’s Rhett Kennedy named ‘Lawyer of the Year’ as expanding national firm wins 18 peer-reviewed awards
- Best Lawyers names Barry.Nilsson.’s Rhett Kennedy ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Insurance Law, Brisbane
- 18 Barry.Nilsson. lawyers listed by Best Lawyers
Expanding national law firm Barry.Nilsson. continues to earn recognition from the profession, with national Insurance & Health Lead Partner, Rhett Kennedy winning ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Insurance Law, Brisbane in the 2018 Best Lawyers awards.
The coveted title is awarded to lawyers who receive the highest consensus score from their colleagues in their practice area and capital city.
Barry.Nilsson. Managing Partner, Don Leembruggen, said “Best Lawyers has been the gold standard of excellence in the legal profession.
Being named ‘Lawyer of the Year’ is great recognition for Rhett’s career which now spans over 30 years.
The award attests the brilliance that Rhett Kennedy brings to the legal profession, highlighting his first-class abilities in communication, legal intelligence, teamwork, composure and work ethic,” Mr Leembruggen said.
Rhett was listed in Doyle’s Guide as one of Queensland’s pre-eminent professional indemnity lawyers in 2015 and 2016, and as a pre-eminent public liability lawyer in 2016. He was also awarded Life Membership by the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) in 2016, one of the industry’s highest honours.
Eighteen lawyers throughout Barry.Nilsson.’s Insurance & Health, Family Law and Property & Commercial practice groups were selected by their peers for inclusion in this year’s listing, including:
Insurance & Health Law
- Rhett Kennedy - Insurance Law & Lawyer of the Year
- Wendy Blacker - Insurance Law, Litigation and Medical Negligence
- Michael Fotheringham - Insurance Law
- Andrew Hilditch - Insurance Law
- Richard Leahy - Insurance Law
- Peter Murdoch - Insurance Law
- Robert Samut - Insurance Law
- Fiona Sennett - Insurance Law
- John Sharman - Insurance Law
- Megan Daniel - Insurance Law
- Jordan Farr - Insurance Law
- Lisa Hulcombe - Insurance Law
- Megan O’Rourke - Insurance Law
- Geoff Sinclair – Family Law Mediation
- James Steel – Family Law
- Scott Wedgwood – Family Law
Property & Commercial Law
- Clive Nichol – Leasing Law
- Freeda Stevenson – Real Property Law
In 2016, Barry.Nilsson. was also ranked as a First Tier Queensland firm in professional indemnity and public liability, with 27 listings across Australia in the most recent Doyle’s Guide ratings.
“The firm is honoured to have such an impressive number of lawyers acknowledged by their peers for their exceptional performance in the legal industry,” Mr Leembruggen said.
Best Lawyers publishes the world’s premier guide of the legal profession and recognises the best legal talent in more than 70 countries. The listings are generated through an exhaustive peer review system whereby thousands of leading lawyers evaluate each other.
For media queries, please contact:
07 3231 6180