Thursday, 3 March 2022
First Thursday Club: Navigating the Coronial Minefield
The work of the Coroner's Court is specialised, challenging and unrelenting.
Despite the overwhelming issues faced by the health sector over the past two years, effectively managing Coronial investigations and inquests into the deaths of patients remains an important organisational undertaking. With health care related deaths in the top three categories of deaths required to be reported to the Coroner, there is a high chance the quality of care provided to your patients will come under scrutiny by the Coroner’s Court.
In this session, we will look at all things Coronial including:
- Recent trends of the Coroner’s Court
- What is involved in a Coronial investigation
- The purpose and nature of a Coroner’s inquest
- Responding to the Coroner’s requests for documents and information
- Managing witnesses and conflicts of interest
- Risks of a Coronial inquest
Join BN's Diane Usback and Melissa Carius as they explore the unique procedural aspects of the Coroner’s Court, and provide some practical tips to ensure the process is seamless for your organisation.
- Thursday, 3 March 2022
- 8:30am - 9:30am AEST
- Live session through Microsoft Teams
- An interactive Q&A will follow the presentation. Please submit any questions for our speakers upon registration.
Please contact the Barry.Nilsson. events team at email@example.com for more information.