Wills & Estates
More than making a will
Estate planning allows you to make informed decisions about the control and transfer of your wealth.
An appropriately considered and effective estate plan enables you to transfer your wealth to the next generation in a tax effective manner. By implementing an effective estate plan you have the option of placing the beneficiaries of your estate in a better position to receive their inheritance whilst simultaneously ensuring your estate assets are protected from disputes, bankruptcy and relationship breakdown.
An effective estate plan will also assist protection of your assets and lifestyle during your lifetime should you become incapacitated or unable to manage your own personal, health and financial affairs.
There are many issues to consider when preparing your estate plan. Some of these issues include:
- Choosing an appropriate executor of your estate and trustees of trusts established by your will.
- Drafting your will with or without trusts, in order to effectively transfer your assets to your chosen beneficiaries.
- Understanding the nature and make up of your estate.
- Appointing appropriate attorneys to act for you in making important lifestyle and financial decisions.
Estate planning is more than ensuring that you have an up-to-date and valid will. Rather, it is about ensuring the smooth transition of wealth from one generation to the next in the most tax-effective manner and with appropriate asset protection.
We will help you transfer your wealth to the next generation
We understand that all families are unique and have different needs. Our relationship with you allows us to cater for all estate planning requirements. We will work together to draft your will to take into account all aspects of your estate and family. We will provide advice on which assets may be included in your will and how to ensure that other assets are also distributed according to your wishes.
As your personal circumstances change, we will provide specialist advice on reviewing and amending your will to reflect changing circumstances.
Sharing our experiences
Through our experience, we are able to assist you in implementing your estate plan, acting for your chosen executors in the administration of your estate, and if necessary, acting for your executors in any dispute resolution regarding your estate.
Depending upon your circumstances, the range of services we offer you and your family include:
- Prepare your will.
- Prepare your will containing trusts (i.e. testamentary discretionary trusts).
- Prepare your Enduring Power of Attorney.
- Prepare your Advance Health Directive.
- Prepare superannuation nominations.
- Advise about control of non-estate assets (i.e. passing control of family discretionary trusts or jointly owned assets).
- Advise about choice of executors, trustees and guardians.
- Advise and act for executors in the administration of estates, including applying for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration;
- Advise and act for executors in disputes concerning the estate (i.e. in any claim made against the estate);
- Advise and act for beneficiaries or potential beneficiaries of an estate.
- Advise on all legal matters concerning wills and estates.