Operations Manager - Insurance Brisbane or Sydney location
Barry.Nilsson. is a growing national law firm with over 300 staff across 6 states. We have a formidable reputation within our three areas of expertise: insurance & health, family law, and real estate & commercial.
Having over 55 years of history as a successful Brisbane based practice, in recent years, the firm has opened offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart and Perth. It's an exciting time in the firm's development, with our interstate expansion, as well as a number of other new initiatives and significant projects underway.
Our insurance & health team is headed up by 19 well respected principals and is recognised throughout the insurance claims industry for producing high quality advice and delivering exceptional service. The team handles claims across all major classes of insurance and acts for the biggest names in the insurance industry both locally and overseas.
Due to the firm’s rapid expansion, we have identified the need for a full-time Operations Manager to join our national insurance group in either Brisbane or Sydney. This position will work closely with and report to the COO to drive and achieve the insurance group’s vision and goals.
- implement and monitor the insurance group’s strategic, growth, business, compliance and succession plans;
- work closely with the National Insurance Executive Assistant to identify and action opportunities to improve efficiencies across the team;
- gain a thorough understanding of the insurance group’s operational needs across all offices and ensure that these are being met.
- be responsible for the delivery of projects ensuring that objectives, time frames and budget are met;
- involvement in high level financial performance, planning, monitoring and reporting;
- work with the People & Culture, BD&M and IT teams to ensure that insurance team requirements are being met; and
- develop a personal and firm profile.
We are seeking someone with:
- relevant tertiary qualifications (Law highly desirable);
- experience in and an understanding of finance, strategy, project management, and pricing principles in a professional services or advisory environment;
- excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills;
- ability to develop and take a ‘hands-on’ approach to implement projects;
- ability to build strong relationships with staff at all levels and across offices;
- ability to promote the firm’s values and contribute towards building a positive culture;
- ability to gain a detailed understanding of general law firm management principles; and the
- ability to travel interstate as required.
While continuing to grow, the firm still has a very collegiate and friendly team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time staff enjoy every second Friday afternoon off.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity with the firm, please forward your confidential application to the People & Culture Adviser, Katie Guarrera at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your location (Brisbane or Sydney) in your application.