Barry.Nilsson. is a growing national law firm with over 230 staff across 5 offices. We have a formidable reputation within our 3 areas of expertise: insurance & health, property & commercial and family law.
Having over 50 years of history as a successful Brisbane based practice, in recent years, the firm has opened offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart. While continuing to grow, the firm still has a very collegiate team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time staff enjoy every second Friday afternoon off.
Due to the firm's rapid expansion, we are looking for someone to join the current HR team which comprises a HR Manager, HR Officer and a Coordinator. This will be a generalist HR role with responsibility for a designated portfolio including the following aspects:
- recruitment and onboarding of new staff;
- performance management;
- handling HR queries;
- performance reviews;
- policy development;
- HR projects; and
- compliance issues.
We're seeking someone with:
- relevant tertiary qualifications;
- at least 5 years' experience in a similar role within the legal sector or other professional services environment;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail;
- proven ability to communicate effectively and confidentially with colleagues;
- a 'can do' attitude and refined organisational skills.
Ideally we are seeking Brisbane based applicants for this opportunity however we are open to applicants based in Sydney and Melbourne also.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your application (including your location) to the HR Manager, Jasmin Blundell at email@example.com.