Barry.Nilsson. is a growing national law firm with over 230 staff across 5 offices. We have a formidable reputation within our three areas of expertise: insurance & health, property & commercial and family law.
Having over 50 years of history as a successful Brisbane based practice, in recent years, the firm has opened offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Hobart. This growth has highlighted the need for us to increase our capabilities and invest in new systems and processes.
Due to this, we have identified the need to recruit a Business Analyst to join our Administration/Finance team in Brisbane or Sydney on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting directly to the COO, you will be the 'go to' person for the financial management and reporting aspect of our Practice Evolve (PE) finance package project. You will also coordinate various other projects which enhance systems and procedures, contribute to operational efficiency and increase financial performance.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- PE project development and analysis:
- Gain thorough understanding of all aspects of PE and how it is currently utilised.
- Increase PE functionality including identifying and assisting in rectifying issues.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and end-users to understand specific requirements and issues that are occurring.
- Assess current PE reports and work with the Report Writer/Data Analyst to produce, improve and test reports.
- Create billing templates.
- Produce training materials.
- Implement projects within the firm as required.
- Analyse financial and other firm and client data and being proactively involved identifying process improvements.
- Identify and make recommendations on systems and procedures which contribute to operational efficiency and increase financial performance.
- Assist in documenting business cases, process models and solution options with the COO.
We are seeking someone with:
- Experience in a similar role within the legal or professional services environment.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills.
- The ability to deliver on key responsibilities and projects within timeframes.
- A proactive and innovative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to learn new systems and firm procedures in an efficient and effective manner.
- The ability to analyse and understand financial and accounting data.
The firm has a very collegiate team environment and all staff are valued for their contribution. In recognition of this, all full-time employees enjoy every second Friday afternoon off whilst still receiving full pay. We believe this displays our progressive approach and is indicative of the culture we promote.
This position is available in either Brisbane or Sydney.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your application (including your location) to the HR Officer, Katie Guarrera at email@example.com