Vacation Clerks & Graduates
Our vacation clerkships are held in our Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney offices over the summer and/or winter university breaks. The programs give clerks the unique opportunity to experience our firm, our practice areas and most importantly, our culture. Working as a vacation clerk with the firm can often act as a stepping stone to an ongoing position with the firm as a law clerk or graduate.
"My favourite thing about my clerkship at Barry.Nilsson. was the people. Everybody was incredibly easy to get along with and made my experience so worthwhile"
Jaimee-Lee Holstein, Vacation Clerk January 2017/Graduate 2018
Brisbane clerks undertake a three week clerkship during which they spend one week in each of our three practice areas – insurance & health, property & commercial and family law. Recruitment dates are:
- Applications open on Monday 26 February 2018.
- Applications close on Monday 26 March 2018.
- Offers will be made on Monday 14 May 2018 and are to be accepted or declined by Tuesday 15 May 2018 at 5pm.
Melbourne clerks experience one of two clerkship programs, one being in defendant insurance and the other being in family law.
- Applications open on Monday 9 July 2018.
- Applications close on Sunday 12 August 2018.
- Offers will be made on Thursday 25 October 2018.
Sydney clerks have the opportunity to be exposed to a range of defendant insurance & health matters as well as family law. Recruitment dates are:
- Applications open on Monday 18 June 2018.
- Applications close on Sunday 30 September 2018.
- Offers will be made on Wednesday 24 October 2018.
If you're interested in being considered for a vacation clerkship with the firm, please see application details below.
Preference will be given to students in their penultimate year of study.
Our graduates are our future. With that in mind we take our graduate program seriously.
Barry.Nilsson. graduates receive the best possible training so they have a balanced and well-grounded foundation for their legal career. If Barry.Nilsson. sounds like the firm you want to start your legal career with, please apply for our graduate program.
In some graduate intakes we will fill the positions directly from our vacation clerk program.
Graduate recruitment for our 2019 program has been finalised.
Applications for graduate and vacation clerkship positions should contain:
- a covering letter
- your resume
- a copy of your academic transcript
- any further material you feel may be relevant
Contact Details for Applications:
Melbourne & Sydney